zencontrol uses floors in the same way the building is constructed. It help break down the building into smaller areas allowing the following
- In certain views a user can filter by the floor. This allows users to see just the items on that floor
- In plan view each floor can have an associated floor plan
- In reports users can filter by floors
- When maintaining the building the user is informed of the floor that the fault is located.
- When commissioning a user can add a device to the floor.
Additionally a floor can be assigned a height which allows other system to calculate emergency lightning coverage, sensor coverage and other features.
It is highly recommended that floors should be added to the building shortly after the site is created and before address commissioning begins.
Article is closed for comments.