Check Your Prerequisites
- Pro-series controller is required, eg. Application Controller Pro or Field Controller Pro.
- Purchase and enable the TPI Advanced License (see FAQ for license upgrades)
- Purchase and enable then Control4 License (see FAQ for license upgrades)
- Hardware, Control System, Network and Control4 Director must be configured.
- All control system/DALI setup must be performed though the zencontrol Cloud before trying to configure Control4.
- Ensure devices, groups and scenes are labelled helpfully in the cloud. These labels will be imported into Control4.
- The Control4 controller must be on the same network as the zencontrol Controller for discovery to work.
- Request the zencontrol Control4 driver package from support
Add Drivers & Controller to Control4 Project
Unzip the zencontrol Control4 driver package. It does not matter where you unzip this.
In Composer Pro add all the zencontrol drivers to the project. These must be manually added so that they are uploaded to the Control4 Controller/Director.
Go to Driver > Add or Update Driver and add each .c4z file.
In order to support mapping of zencontrol DALI Scenes to Control4 Scenes that can be selected on Navigators, the Advanced Lighting agent must be loaded into the project.
Then in the System Design screen (bottom-left corner) look for the Discovery tab (top-right corner) and double click your zencontrol controller to add it to the project.
Commission with zencontrol
There are 3 steps required to commission.
1. zencontrol Cloud setup. All the normal control system setup must be completed on the zencontrol cloud. Devices cannot be configured from the Control4 side.
2. Sync. When the controller is added to the project it should begin syncing with Control4.
If sync does not automatically run or is interrupted it can manually triggered by going to Actions > Sync with zencontrol.
3. Commission. Once sync as completed on the controller drivers you can go to Actions > Commission with zencontrol to automatically commission all the Control4 devices.
Status should be "Ready" before you start commissioning.
Composer Pro may become unresponsive while commissioning. This is normal, just wait a while and restart Composer if necessary.
When you are done programming Control4, hide all fitting numbers (eg. "66.0 ...")
On the controller device, go to Actions > Set Fitting Number Visibility and set Show Fitting Numbers to "Hide". This will remove the fitting number prefix from the names of all the devices associated with that controller.
You may need to go to File > Refresh Navigators to make the names change on your touch screens.