When commissioning a zencontrol generation III emergency device to a Wireless Emergency virtual control system (Emergency cloud) a device can fail to connect to the commissioning network. When this occurs an error stating "Device could not connect to the target network. Please check the network settings are correct and the network signal is strong".
There are several common reasons that a device cannot connect to a wireless network:
- The device is not in range of the wireless network.
- Move your android device next to the problem device and check the wireless signal strength.
- The control system has incorrect network details.
- This will likely only be the case when this is the first device you are adding to a control system, if you have already successfully commissioned a device this will not be your issue. Otherwise, delete the control system, check your network details (try re-adding the android device to the network to ensure details are correct).
- The network will not allow the device to connect.
- This can occur when a network has MAC Address filtering enabled, or has run out of DHCP leases, when this occurs you should contact your network administrator.
To ensure there are no issues with both the commissioning device and the emergency fitting we suggest creating a test control system using a personal wireless hotspot as the network and trying to commission the fitting, If this succeeds contact your network administrator and ensure there are no limitations on the network (DHCP limits or MAC Address filtering). If this fails, ensure your android device has no Wi-Fi Assistant or other smart network switching enabled as this can affect the performance of the wireless commissioning process.