To gain access to the control system you will need to scan the QR code found on the product.
This process will add the control system to your site and grant you access to the keys.
The control system must be removed from a previous sites before it can be added to a new site.
Only people who have been assigned access to the site or created the site have access to the control system or have the ability to remove a control system from the site.
- Select the site that you would like to add a control system to.
- Select the control system button.
- On the control system screen, tap the "+" icon found in the bottom right hand side of the screen.
- Click the scan QR option from the options.
- Scan the QR code found on your control system.
- From here, you will be able to scan the QR code located on the control system. Supported control systems include Room control modules, Lighting control modules, Application control system, and Blind control systems.
- Follow the prompts and add the location and any other relevant information
Your control system is now claimed and will be available on the cloud and your android device
Please note: The number under the QR code is the serial number and can not be used to claim the control system.
- Login to the site that you wish to add the control system to.
- In the site's dashboard click on the Claim a control system button.
- Enter the QR code* found on the control system.
- If/When successful a new part of the form will be displayed with details of the control system.
- In the next section of the form you can change the identifier, label and floor of the control system. If you require a new floor to be added for the control system you can click the green "+" button next to the floor dropdown.
- Once completed, a green success dialog will appear to verify that it has been successfully added
*Please note: The number under the QR code is the product serial number, this can not be used to claim the control system.
Claiming a control system which has already been added
If however you want to dispute the ownership you will need to create a support ticket on the zencontrol FAQ website, detailing the site location, site name and providing the qr code information.
zencontrol will then contact the site owner with a request to change the ownership. The original owner can respond in the following ways
- Allow access (preferably)
- Remove the control system from their site
- Not reply in 14 days, where zencontrol will automatically grant access
- Dispute the change, due to contractual obligations from the client such as outstanding bills or claims
In a dispute the original owner shall provide a written detailed response which shall clearly state the reasons. This response will be provided directly to the claimant.
Where zencontrol decides the reason for the dispute is valid, zencontrol cannot grant access to the site until the dispute is finalized.