Human Centric Lighting is not any one function or feature. Human Centric Lighting is a design methodology whereby a system is designed with Human Comfort in mind. Zencontrol Control Systems offer the following HCL oriented features.
- Daylight harvesting: The system can be configured to emulate the light cycle of daylight (this is also useful for power saving).
- Corridor hold/Comfort: The control system can keep corridors and adjacent areas illuminated whilst a given room is occupied to improve the perceived comfort by the room occupant.
- Corridor dim: Certain areas, such as car parks and corridors can be set so that the lighting is always maintained at a minimum level instead of turning off. This function can also be tied to a profile so that particular lights can turn of during the day, but never at night.
- Tunable white: Zencontrol control systems allow the use of changeable colour (DT8) DALI luminares. Through the use of schedules and profiles, circadian rhythm prescriptions can be created where the Colour and intensity of lighting in a given area can be set to emulate both the colour temperature and light intensity of a regular daylight cycle.
- Soft Dimming: DALI dimmable lights allow smooth fades on and off.
- Pre Occupancy Turn Off Warn: Our system gives the user the freedom to optionally configure a change in lighting to alert users that an area may be about to be turned off, due to vacancy. This prevents harsh transitions and plunges into darkness, associated with switch-only control.